Monday, June 8, 2009

James | 1:1-4

Good Morning Yardigans!!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend and CONGRATULATIONS to all our new graduates! We are so proud of you and so honored to have been able to be a part of your lives and I know that I am so encouraged by who you have become and what God is doing in your hearts.

A quick update from last night; we will be spending the summer in the book of James. We jumped straight in last night and covered all of 4 verses. Haha J James 1:1-4; WATCH OUT!!!

The theme from last night was “Joy in Trials”. I know at first glance this seems to be ironic to modern American thinking and reactions, but the truth is, it is completely biblical. God is not a evil deity in the sky loving to watch up squirm around from test and trial and smiling at us thinking, “where’s your joy, where’s your joy, little human thing”. No not at all. He is loving and knows that the testing of our faith serves 2 purposes, to test the authenticity of our faith and to grow us up in perseverance so that we will be complete and lacking in nothing. That is joy in trials.

I hope you take some time this week to read over James 1:1-4 and memorize it. I am not going to ask you to recite it or come up to me and tell it to me. I will ask through that you etch it on your heart and memorize it so it become a part of your faith, not just a quote to console your emotion.

I love you and hope you have a great first week of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment